Valentine's Day is coming up and whether you love it, hate it, or love to hate it, it comes around every year. My husband and I usually spend it quietly at home with a nice dinner and maybe a DVD.
I thought I'd share some of the things I love, any time of year:
- That sweet, exhausted sigh as my kids finally relax when they're cuddling me.
- Snuggling with my honey while we're watching a movie.
- The contented purr of a kitty (and it's doubly nice when they're on your lap or chest).
- The happy wiggles of my dog (NOT doubly nice when they're on your lap or chest!!).
- A good book. Even better -- a good series!
- An intriguing scene through the lens of my camera (but only when I have a full battery).
- My honey's shocked little laugh when I say something naughty (yes, I still surprise him).
- Playing with my daughters' hair. They don't stay still often, but I love doing it.
- When my son rubs my feet.
Those are just a few of my favorite things (can you hear Julie Andrews singing the song from The Sound of Music in the background?). What are some of yours?
As for the goodies, I'm participating in the Valentine's Day Blog Hop this year and I'm giving away a $10 gift card to Barnes & Noble or Amazon, and winner's choice of a book from my back list. There are 263 authors participating, and every one of them is holding a contest for some neat prizes.
I hope you'll visit my blog and comment for a chance to win, too!