Raine Answers: My recent release was in October 2009 with Haunting Magic, my latest
2. What genre do you prefer to write? Is there a genre you’d like to write in that you haven’t tried yet?
Raine Answers: Right now I am immersed in the paranormal world between
3. What do you like to read?
Raine Answers: Everything it seems. J Currently I am into Fantasy like Gail Z. Martin (AWESOME series in Necromancer), Urban Fantasy (Terri Garrey, Joss Ware, etc) and Paranormal (Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher, etc). I also found myself reading a lot of M/M books like Surrender Love by Kayelle Allen, Last Chance, Viki Lyn, Josh Lanyon Books, JM Snyder and more.
4. What do you feel is your strength as an author? For instance: characterization, dialogue,
sexual tension, sex scenes????
Raine Answers: I am not sure. Many people say it is my characters as they are strong yet vulnerable and connect to the reader.
5. How did you choose your pen name? Does it hold some significance special to
Raine Answers: Well a friend picked Raine out for me and I picked Delight. It sounded great together and low and behold, my author name was born. :)
6. Where do you see your writing career taking you? Goals for two, four, six
Raine Answers: Currently I am on deadlines till mid-2011 for several projects. I am hoping to have print books soon *fingers crossed* but that is up to my publisher. I also would like to sign with a NY house or with Carina Press. Both are in the horizon in a few years.
7. Do you ever use people you know as characters in your book, or composites?
Raine Answers: Nope…I may use some interesting personality quirks but otherwise nope. My SO would KILL me if he found out I did. LOL
8. Do you find that your creativity is more active mornings, afternoon, or
Raine Answers: It depends. Most days it is mid-morning to early afternoon if I am home from DJ. Real Life takes precedence some days especially with two kids, family and other things that pay bills. *sigh* Evenings I try to not be online so I can rest my eyes and relax with SO.
9. What well-known author would you compare your work to or hope that you've
achieved the same level of excitement?
Raine Answers: Oh man *wipes sweat off brow* I am not sure. I am just thrilled when I find out people either bought my books and liked them or told others they liked the books. Eventually I hope to be up there with JD Robb or JR Ward…yes I know exalted company but I am aiming high. :)
10. What’s your favorite leisure activity? Why?
Raine Answers: Hiking in the summer, watching movies, and reading, taking walks and going for ice cream on a hot summer day. J I love to relax and just curl up to read a good book or go have a “Me” day with a decadent Starbucks coffee treat. :)
Readers loop: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Author_Raine_Delight