1. Tell us about your most recent release.
My latest release (just yesterday) is Pretend With Me from Ellora’s Cave. This is book one in a three book series – Freedom Fantasies. A place where women can live out their ultimate fantasies.
2. What genre do you prefer to write? I prefer to write contemporary/bdsm erotic. Is there a genre you’d like to write in that you haven’t tried yet? I’ve recently tried M/M, but would like to write paranormal some day.
3. What do you like to read? All sorts of erotic and I love romantic comedies. I also read a lot of non-fiction.
4. What do you feel is your strength as an author? For instance: characterization, dialogue,
sexual tension, sex scenes???? Dialogue, my muse has been known to disappear when it comes to sex scenes. LOL
5. How did you choose your pen name? Does it hold some significance special to
you? My pen name holds some significance. I owned and published a romance magazine called Romancing the Skyze some ten years ago. I got ill and had to cease publication. When I returned to writing I knew I wanted to use Skyze as part of my name. That magazine meant the world to me. I enjoyed helping newbies get published. And Amber, well..it just seemed to fit.
6. Where do you see your writing career taking you? Goals for two, four, six
years. As much as I love writing erotica I’d love to get published in women’s fiction. I write romantic comedies. Some day I’d like an agent and be published in one of the big NY houses.
7. Do you ever use people you know as characters in your book, or composites? I try to keep people I know out of my book. I once used a friend’s name, which I meant to change during edits and totally forgot. She kept asking when she was going to get her royalties and wanted to know why she didn’t get any action. I’ll regret using her name for the rest of my life. UGH!
8. Do you find that your creativity is more active mornings, afternoon, or
evenings? Definitely the mornings. My energy slows by the afternoon and the evenings – I just veg out.
9. What well-known author would you compare your work to or hope that you've
achieved the same level of excitement? Oh I can’t compare my work to any well-known authors, but I’ve been enjoying a wonderful excitement for the past year. I just hope it continues. :)
10. What’s your favorite leisure activity? Hanging out in my pool, soaking up the sun. Why? It’s so relaxing and calming. Plus no one bothers me when I’m in the pool. :)
Learn more about Amber at: http://amberskyze.blogspot.com
**Amber will be picking a random commenter to win a copy of her latest release, Pretend With Me! **