I'm on vacation, but I thought I'd toss out a blog I started several months ago. I got a lot of great feedback for it. Hope it works for you as well as it did for me. The topic?
Romantic Dates on a Shoestring Budget.
Enjoying time with the one you love doesn't have to be expensive. Jonathon and I made a New Years Resolution to spend more quality time together, but we didn't want to spend a lot of money unnecessarily. We were concerned about connecting with each other and getting closer...not about impressing each other with how expensive a date we could plan. So we sat down and did some research and found out there are a lot of fun activities that don't cost an arm and a leg.
In fact, we challenged each other. One week he plans a date, and the next week is my turn. And we can't spend more than $25.00. So far we have gone on an all day motorcycle ride (cost $3.00 for gas), spent the afternoon at a nature preserve (cost $8.00 for coffee and dessert), walked around Old Town, a fun quirky shopping area in Kissimmee ($12.00 for pizza), and bicycling and swimming in Wekiwa Springs State Park ($5.00 entrance fee). In just a month, we have drawn closer together and are really connecting in a way we never have before. Why? Because we have taken time to get to know each other again without a bunch of things in the way.
Whether you are in a new relationship, or have been married for a while like myself, you have to work at keeping a relationship alive and healthy. Taking time to just be with the other person without the distractions of kids, TV, work or even money to get in the way. It might take a little while to get in the habit, but I promise you, the rewards will be absolutely awesome!!!
So...to get you started, here are a few things you can look to do in your own town!
1. State Parks... Go online for information. Here in Florida, the websites are filled with great info to help you make your decision.
2. Nature Preserves... Different than state parks, some have a slight cost, but if you like the outdoors, these are inexpensive and the solitude is wonderful.
3. Window shopping... I hate to shop, but finding specific areas like we did in Kissimmee and just wandering is a lot of fun. Add a cup of coffee and popcorn and you have a wonderful afternoon of inexpensive enjoyment.
4. Museums... Some cost, some don't. Many have days that are inexpensive or free. Google them and find out and plan ahead.
5. Matinees or Dollar Movie Theatres... Most large towns have dollar theaters, but matinees are still a fun way of escaping. Plus, you can cuddle with your honey!
6. Extreme Date Night.. This isn't for the faint of heart.
Whatever you do...make sure you have fun. These are just some ideas, and you can add your own as you discover them. That too, is part of the fun. Working at keeping your love healthy and alive may be difficult, but as I said before...it is worth every second!
And for some great romantic dates, check out these websites. They are full of great ideas!
And one last thing...don't forget reading to each other. Laying back and listening to someone read can be a wonderful way to wile away an afternoon. The reader can have their feet or temples rubbed and you can switch off every chapter. Absolutely free AND enjoyable in every way. And if you want to read something that can get your juices flowing for a little romp, why not start with my latest release...Eyes of Fire. Adventure, love and fantasy all rolled into one. You'll love it!!!!
Take care and I'll see you next month!!!